Sports‎ > ‎

Chelsea not concerned over Terry charges

posted 28 Jul 2012, 04:47 by Mpelembe Admin   [ updated 28 Jul 2012, 04:47 ]

As Chelsea prep for AC Milan match, manager Roberto Di Matteo unconcerned over new FA charges.
MIAMI, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES (JULY 27, 2012) (REUTERS) - 
Chelsea captain John Terry was charged by the FA on Friday (July 27) following a verbal exchange with Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand during a Premier League match last October.
England centre back Terry, who was found not guilty of racially abusing Ferdinand in a criminal case earlier this month, has denied the charge and requested a personal hearing.


"...The FA has today charged the Chelsea player following an alleged incident that occurred during the Queens Park Rangers versus Chelsea fixture at Loftus Road on 23 October 2011," said a statement on the FA website (www.thefa.com).


As the team prepared to face AC Milan in the final match of their U.S. tour, manager Roberto Di Matteo was unconcerned about the issue.


"You know that we can't comment on those things. We just have to wait and see," he said.

Terry also declined to comment on the matter.


Chelsea play AC Milan in Miami before returning to the U.K.

Comments